Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Reading while travelling

Sorry for lack of posts for a couple of days. I am travelling as you might have noticed so more about lovely sights and houses in particular than about books. However, I have not been totally idle on the book front. I have started on a project and am now reading history books, extracts etc to read up on the late 17th and early 18th century as regards Sweden, mainly Karlskrona (south east of Sweden) and Stralsund and Wismar (Swedish areas at the time, presently northern Germany). It is very interesting to go more into details of the different parts of society at the time. Hopefully more on this later on.

That is why my reading list for the time being mostly contains books in Swedish about history especially since I have access to a wonderful public library (see earlier post). But, I am, in my usual fashion, reading several books at the time, however slowly it goes. Just a small update on the present books I keep close by.


Still struggling with The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai, as well as Shirley (slightly improving!) by Charlotte Brontë and Spices by Jack Turner. The two first ones are e-books so easy to bring with me on my travels, the last one is a paper back so I left it at home. For my travels I always try to choose a thick book. I always panic that I might run out of something to read while travelling, although this does not happen too often today with my ipad mini reader! Only 'run out' there would be the battery! The chosen one is The Sleepwalkers by Christopher Clark. Highly praised books about the causes (if possible to find) for the First World War. Promising start, but I have not got very far so I think it has to wait for the return trip.



Upcoming reads will be aimed at my Challenges and TBR shelves. The TBR book I am currently on waiting at home is Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad. Challenges awaiting are 2014 Monthly Motif which for March is Fairy tales or Fairy Creature - read a fairy tale retelling or a book with fey/fairies in it. I choose a classic that I wanted to read, namely, Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie on which I have started. It will also fit into my A Century of Books challenge for the year 1911. Book Beginnings on Friday is also waiting for a good beginning but there you never know what will pop up! Historical Fiction Reading is also waiting for a new book. I choose Renaissance reader with 10 books and have only finished one. Maybe I will try one I have downloaded called The King's Concubine by Anne O'Brien.

There you go, an update of what I am up to book wise! How are you coping out there?

You can follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking on the logo top right!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster