Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

The Importance of Library Etiquette

A post from The Seventeenth Century Lady takes up the problem with too noisy libraries. In the old days coming to a library meant walking into silence. If somebody wanted to say something you whispered so you wouldn't disturb the other people. As Andrea says:

"Now, in the "Look at Me" culture that seems to dominate, many people disregard basic courtesy and respect for other patrons. If anyone objects to this, they are ridiculed as being hoity-toity and old-fashioned. To highlight this, I tweeted about this yesterday, only to receive abuse from precisely those who would be loud and obnoxious in libraries."

Library in Karlskrona
built in 1959
I couldn't agree more. A library should be a place where you are quiet and try to respect other people who come there for exactly the same reason. If you want to be social you can always go to a café or a bar. You can speak, of course, but you should speak in a quiet way. I don't often go to the library in Brussels, mainly because I read in English or Swedish, but now I am visiting my parents in Karlskrona, Sweden and one of my favourite spots is the library. They have almost everything it seems. You can start one stair down in a reading room with nice tables and chairs where you can choose from quite a lot of Magazines on all different subjects. Or you can sit there and write in a quiet milieu. Back upstairs your have the main space and one floor up you have a 'balcony' where you can also sit and enjoy a book. There are computers as well if you need this service. Tables and chairs in all the different rooms for you to enjoy and sit down and go through a book even if you don't want to borrow it. I envy all of you who have this service on a regular basis.

To my great relief this is still a quiet library! It does not mean that people don't speak but it is done with a low voice and in respect of all the people visiting.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster