Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

On the road again...!

On the road again! Now in Vadstena, which is host to one of our few remaining monasteries. It was founded by our one and only saint Birgitta. Just before Vadstena, we passed Alvastra monastery, which is now in ruins. It was a Cistercian monastery, founded in the first half of the 12th century. It was dissolved and appropriated by the Crown at the time of the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century. I am a person who love ruins, so here a few of all the photos I took.





A lovely place! Nearby, we also found Rökstenen (the Rök Runestone). It is one of the most famous runestones, featuring the longest known runic inscription in stone. It is considered to be the first piece of Swedish literature. The script is partly written in code and the interpretation of the text is still questioned today. Here is one of the translation. Most researchers agree on how the runes have been deciphered, but the interpretation of the text and the meaning of it, still puzzles the researchers today.



In memory of Vémóðr/Vámóðr stand these runes.
And Varinn coloured them, the father,
in memory of his dead son.
I say the folktale / to the young men, which the two war-booties were, which twelve times were taken as war-booty, both together from various men.
I say this second, who nine generations ago lost his life with the Hreidgoths; and died with them for his guilt.
Þjóðríkr the bold,
chief of sea-warriors,
ruled over the shores of the Hreiðsea.
Now he sits armed
on his Goth(ic horse),
his shield strapped,
the prince of the Mærings.
I say this the twelfth, where the horse of Gunnr sees fodder on the battlefield, where twenty kings lie.
This I say as thirteenth, which twenty kings sat on Sjólund for four winters, of four names, born of four brothers: five Valkis, sons of Hráðulfr, five Hreiðulfrs, sons of Rugulfr, five Háisl, sons of Hôrðr, five Gunnmundrs/Kynmundrs, sons of Bjôrn.
Now I say the tales in full. Someone ...
I say the folktale / to the young men, which of the line of Ingold was repaid by a wife's sacrifice.
I say the folktale / to the young men, to whom is born a relative, to a valiant man. It is Vélinn. He could crush a giant. It is Vélinn ... [Nit]
I say the folktale / to the young men: Þórr. Sibbi of Vé, nonagenarian, begot (a son).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster