Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

New purchases!

I am in Sweden and it has been a very busy time, that is why it has been rather quiet on the blog. My son starts his studies in another city this year, so a lot of things to do to help him settle. I managed to visit some flee markets and bought some interesting books. Eleven books for eleven euros! Not bad.

The Content Reader

Here is a list of the books (one is already finished) in no special order.

The Binding Chair by Kathryn Harrison
Under jorden i Villette by Ingrid Hedström
In Our Time by Ernest Hemingway
The Spy Wore Read by Aline, Countess of Romanones
"K" is for Killer by Sue Grafton
Notorious by Janet Dailey
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
The Point of Murder by Margaret Yorke (read)
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Last Girls by Lee Smith
The Distant Hours by Kate Morton

The Content Reader

I am quite pleased with the variety. Some thrillers which I normally don't read that much. I don't know why, because I really like them. Have you read any of the books? Which one should I start with now?

Comments

  1. Sounds like an excellent set of books. Of them, I have read only Hemingway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to find this one, since this is the first book of short stories that he published. He was living in Paris at the time, and it is mentioned in the books about his time there. Looking forward reading his short stories.
      I know you read a lot of short stories, but I seldom venture into this territory. I have read very few, but I think I should read much more.

      Delete
  2. I've read Lee Smith's Fair and Tender Ladies recently and it was a best surprise of the year so far. Curious about what you'll think about The Last Girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might make the decision to start with this book. I am even more interested to start with this book since the title in Swedish is (my translation) "Mississippi starts in the lobby of Peabody Hotel". Much more intriguing than the English title for once. I will let you know!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster