Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Which five books would you take with you to a deserted island?

There has not been to much action here lately. It is all due to a very busy schedule this week. Lots of things going on, so even reading is slow. But I have read some books, so more reviews will follow. In the meantime, I get inspired by your reading, by a book I read, which gives me inclinations to read either the same author again, another book from the same time and so on. I also reflected a little bit on which books are my all time favourites, so that is why I was thinking of which five books I should take to a deserted island. Of course, if you end up on a deserted island, you probably just end up there, and there will not be any time to pack some books. But, we are living in the world of the books, so we can make it happen. So here is my list, in no special order.

The Content Reader


  • Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (a favourite book and don't we just love to dislike Scarlet?)
  • Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh (a wonderful piece on a disappearing world order)
  • The Garden of Evening Mist by Tan Twang Eng (a beautifully written book on terrible times, but where love, in spite of everything, grows)
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (my favourite Brontë book, although dark and violent, Heathcliff's and Catherine's love knows no borders)
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (just love this love story crossing over present and past)
The Content Reader

The Content Reader

Three of the books are written many years ago. Time will tell whether a book is good or not. For the two new books, we still don't know, but these two books at least kept me occupied and they stayed with me afterwards.

Which are the five books that you would take with you to your deserted island?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster