Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

43 Books You Won’t Be Able To Stop Talking About

Over at BuzzFeed Books they asked subscribers to their newsletter which books they could not stop talking about. The answers resulted in a list of 43 books, which really cover the whole range of genre books from Classics to modern YA fantasy. Head over to Buzz Feed Books (link above) to get a summary of each book.

For us with a huge number of TBR books it is difficult to look at such a list, because it is so tempting to read all the books. I guess they have to go on the To Read list instead. A book that seems very popular, considering the many and raving reviews from other bloggers, have ended up as No. 1;  A Little Life by Hanya Yanigahara. This is a must it seems. From the list I find four books that I have read; Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë, 1984 by George Orwell, The Secret History by Donna Tartt and Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese. L.P. Hartley's classic The Go-Between is waiting on my TBR shelves.

1. A Little Life by Hanya Yanigahara
2. Mystic River by Dennis Lehane
3. Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari
4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
5. The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
6. Bird Box by Josh Malerman
7. Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall
8. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
9. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
10. I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
11. The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey
12. The Go-Between by L.P. Hartley
13. The Darkest Child by Delores Phillips
14. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
15. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
16. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
17. Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh
18. First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers by Loung Ung
19. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
20. The Rise and Fall of Great Powers by Tom Rachman
21. Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin
22. The Art of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
23. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
24. Death with Interruptions by José Saramago
25. The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
26. The Good Girl by Mary Kubica
27. Ghost Boy: The Miraculous Escape of a Misdiagnosed Boy Trapped Inside His Own Body by Martin Pistorius
28. 1984 by George Orwell
29. Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho
30. Defending Jacob by William Landay
31. A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marr
32. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
33. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
34. Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver
35. Easy by Tammara Webber
36. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
37. The Secret History by Donna Tartt
38. Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese
39. Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler
40. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
41. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
42. Land of Love and Drowning by Tiphanie Yanique
43. Neapolitan Novels by Elena Ferrante

What about you? Have you read most of the books and do you agree that it is difficult to stop talking about them? Do you have other books that you cannot stop talking about. I agree about Wuthering Heights, The Secret History and Cutting for Stone. I am not so sure about 1984, although I read it many years ago and should maybe try it again. After all we are now closer to the times Orwell describes.

I also see some of my favourite writers in the list; Agatha Christie, Barbara Kingsolver, Paulo Coelho and José Saramago (of which I have one book on the TBR shelves, but have never read anything by him).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster