Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

London revisited

The Content Reader
Me on the Cutty Sark
I have been to London this weekend. It is always such a treat. Lucky with the weather for two days at least, blue sky and sunshine, you could even sit outside to eat. Monday came with grey skies but we managed more or less to avoid more than a drip of rain.

My visits to London always comes with a well prepared list of things to see. My husband joined me this time and his wish was for Greenwich, which we visited on the grey Monday. We arrived Saturday afternoon, so just went for a walk down-town for some shopping. I wanted to buy the new iPhone, but alas, you had to order and wait for right one. That means I have to wait until it comes to Belgium, which will not be until around Christmas time. I managed to find a new calendar for my filofax and some stickers, and that was all. Walked back to our friend Richard's flat where we are luckily invited when in London. He lives in the Barbican, which is a terribly ugly building, today a protected one with very special architecture in concrete, but so central and convenient. In the evening we enjoyed a nice dinner at Cote Brasserie, in the neighbourhood.


Sunday morning was to be a busy day, fully planned. First stop was the Highgate Cemetery! Yes, I know, somewhat absurd, but it is a beautiful one. I got fascinated by it when I read Audrey Niffenegger's book Her Fearful Symmetry which takes places in and around the Cemetery. It was definitely worth a visit.

The Content Reader
Eastern part of the Highgate Cemetery
After a couple of hours here we went back to the tube and went on to Sloane Square. Here, close by, is the Chelsea Physics Garden. It is the oldest Apothecary garden in England and a wonderful place. You can take a guided tour or go around yourself with an audio guide, which we did. Being over lunchtime we started with something to eat in the lovely restaurant. Fresh food was served which we enjoyed sitting outside. A lot of people around, even occupying the lawn and relaxing in the sun.

The Content Reader

The Content Reader

While in the neighbourhood we walked over to Cheyne Walk where a lot of writers, painters and other famous people used to live. Wonderful street and beautiful houses. We looked specifically for the houses of George Eliot, Elizabeth Gaskell, Henry James, Dante Rossetti and Charles Swinburne.

The Content Reader
A beautiful house on Cheyne Walk
By this time it was almost getting dark and we took the tube back home. Really tired after a whole day of walking, so we just changed and went for an Indian restaurant, close by. Mmm, I love Indian food.

Yesterday, we took the DLR train to Greenwich. Very interesting area and we visited the Observatory and crossed the Meridian line and got a lot of history behind the place. The Museum was not as interesting as we had imagined but there were some nice exhibitions. Cutty Sark the old sailing ship, famous for bringing tea from India and China in the 19th century, is renovated and open to the public. An impressive ship.

The Content Reader
Martin in front of a special clock
There, just a few things we did this weekend. I will tell you more in separate posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster