Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

12 Month Classics Challenge - Half year update

The challenge is hosted by You, Me and a Cup of Tea. There is a different theme every month. I must admit that I don’t strictly follow the order of the months, but maybe I will catch up later in the year (haha!).


January - A classic you've always wanted to read - Our Man in Havanna by Graham Greene

February - A classic you've always dreaded reading - Shirley by Charlotte Brontë

March - A classic you've been recommended -

April - A classic you've seen the movie/miniseries/TV show of - Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoj

May - An American classic - Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut

June - A British classic - Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy

July - A European classic (non-British) - Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann

August - A modern classic -

September - A children's classic -

October - A classic by a female author - Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

November - A classic by a male author - The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins

December - A classic written under a pseudonym -


I love this challenge and really want to read great classics. I still have to find books for some of the titles. Anyone for recommending a classic for the March criteria? Any suggestions for August, September and December?

Comments

  1. Hi Lisabeth,

    Before I forget, thanks for stopping by The Marmelade Gypsy. And wow -- that's an impressive list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always enjoy your posts! There are a few 'bricks' (as we call it in Swedish) here, that is thick books; Anna Karenina and Buddenbrooks, so they will take some time. Then there is Shirley which I have been trying to read for ages, but just can't attach too, although I love other Charlotte Brontë books. But sometimes one needs something more challenging to 'bite' into. Hope you have a good list of books for the summer!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster