Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book Beginnings on Fridays and Friday 56

Better late than never! Here is my contribution for last Friday!


Rose City Reader, is hosting Book beginnings on Friday. She says:


Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


Freda’s voice is hosting Friday 56 and the rules are:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url.
*It's that simple.


My book this week is:

I had never heard of this gruesome couple from the 19th century Paraguay. She is Eliza Lynch of Irish origin and he is Francisco Solano López, Paraguayan. Together they managed to kill almost a whole country due to their paranoia and greed. A terrifyingly interesting story. Review will follow.


Beginning
"One night in May 1961, a Paraguayan of Lebanese descent named Teófilo Chammas scaled the walls of Père Lachaise cemetery in Paris. The gates were locket but the high walls were not topped with barbed wire as they are today. Nor was the cemetery patrolled at night. Then, as now, young lovers climbed into the graveyard to lose themselves in the darkness there."
Page 56
"Francisco's infidelity clearly did not unduly concern Eliza: 'Although he was unfaithful to her, with any woman who took his fancy for the time,' wrote Cunninghame Graham, 'she knew he never would forsake her, for he relied upon her knowledge of the world to deal with consuls, ministers, and in general with the outside world, a world of which, brought up as he had been, he was quite ignorant.'"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster