Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

A 2017 Challenge - The Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge

Time for another challenge that popped up in my Feedly. It is the 2017 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge hosted by Escape With Dollycas, which I have not done before. The idea is to read one book for each of the letters in the Alphabet. Go to link to see the rules. As always I try first hand to grab a book from my TBR shelves. Here is my initial list. Curious to see if I can fill up the whole list from these shelves? Since I am Swedish and we have three more letters than the English alphabet, I added them. Just for the fun of it. Hope it is ok.

A - Aldermans arvinge by Gabriella Håkansson
B - Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann
C - Colombus, The Four Voyages by Laurence Berggren
D - Darwin's Sacred Cause, Race, Slavery and the quest for Human Origins by Adrian Desmond and James Moore
E - Eleanor, The Secret Queen by John Ashdown-Hill
F - Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
G - Gabriele d'Annunzio by Lucy Hughes-Hallett
H - Historien om Lissabons belägring by Jose Saramago
I -  If you Could See Me Now by Cecilia Ahern
J - Jorden runt på 80 dagar by Jules Verne
K - Krysalis by John Trenhaile
L - Lisbeth by Ragnhild Hallén
M - Moderspassion by Majgull Axelsson
N - Notorious by Janet Dailey
O - Ofredsår by Peter Englund
P - Påven Johanna by Donna Woolfolk Cross
Q
R - Russka by Edward Rutherford
S - Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder
T - The Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht
U - Unsolved Mysteries of Amsterdam by Martijn J. Adelmund
V - Viskar ditt namn by Kristin Hannah
W - Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence
Y
Z
Å - Återvändaren by Butler & Öhrlund
Ä
Ö

Well, five letters missing, so have to look for them elsewhere. Otherwise, I am quite pleased that I could come up with almost all the books from my own shelves. Looking forward exchanging views with all the participants.

Comments

  1. I didn't know that Swedish had a longer alphabet than English.

    I read Buddenbrooks a few years ago for book club - quite enjoyed it. Looks like you're going to have some great reads this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had 'Buddenbrooks' on one of my challenge lists this year. But it is so thick and I never really got around to read it. Next year is the time! It seems it is liked by most people who have read it. Furthermore, I am really into family sagas Aren't they great?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster