Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Two TBR challenges fulfilled!

I enrolled in two challenges to lower my TBR shelves for 2016. I am happy to say that I have fulfilled both of them, although I had to skip a couple of mountains for one of them.


There is the Shelf Love Challenge hosted by Second Run Reviews. I opted for 51+ and that is exactly what I have read, 51 books (list below).


The other challenge is the Mount TBR Reading Challenge, hosted by My Reader's Block. I opted for 100 books, but due to a very busy year with unexpected happenings, I have only read 51 (list below). But that is good enough. So how far up the mountain does that bring me? I opted for Mt. Everest with my 100 books, but only made it 5.010 m up the Mt. Kilimanjaro, which is 5,895 m high. Well, being a fan of Hemingway, I am happy I made it a bit up this mountain at least.

Here is the list which covers both Challenges!

1. The life-changing magic of tidying by Marie Kondo
2. Our Man in Havanna by Graham Greene
3. Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut
4. The German Woman by Paul Griner
5. Under jorden i Villette by Ingrid Hedström
6. The Almost Nearly Perfect People - Behind the Myth of the Scandinavian Utopia by Michael Booth
7. The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann Martel
8. The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevallier
9. Amsterdam - A History of the World's Most Liberal City by Russell Shorto
10. Che by Björn Kumm (audio)
11. The Sage of Waterloo by Leona Francombe
12. Selected works by Alexander Pushkin
13. Blekingegatan 32 by Lena Einhorn
14. How can one not be interested in Belgian History by various authors
15. The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
16. Alkemistens dotter (The Alchemist's Daughter) by Carl-Michael Edenborg
17. The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco
18. Tulip Fever by Deborah Moggach
19. The Other Rembrandt by Alex Connor
20. Stormaktens sista krig by Olle Larsson
21. Mad Women by Jane Maas
22. The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson
23. Travels With my Aunt by Graham Greene
24. The hand that first held mine by Maggie O'Farrell
25. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
26. Tower - An Epic History of the Tower of London by Nigel Jones
27. The First Wife by Emily Barr
28. The Sleepwalkers by Christopher Clark
29. Becoming Jane Eyre by Sheila Kohler
30. The Knights Templar in Britain by Evelyn Lord
31. Nässlorna blomma (Flowering Nettle) by Harry Martinsson
32. The Rare and the Beautiful by Cressida Connolly
33. K is for Killer by Sue Grafton
34. The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig
35. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
36. The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
37. Grymhet by Birgitta Lindqvist
38. The Hour Glass Factory by Lucy Ribchester
39. Croissant till frukost by Annika Estassy
40. Cirkeln by Mats Strandberg and Sara Bergmark Elfgren
41. Sense and Sensibilities by Jane Austen
42. Dansa på deadline (Dancing on Deadline) by Alexander Rozental and Lina Wennersten
43. Mrs Robinson's Disgrace (The Private Diary of a Victorian Lady) by Kate Summerscale
44. Färjan by Mats Strandberg
45. Blodröd måne över Villette by Ingrid Hedström
46. The Binding Chair by Kathryn Harrison
47. The Witch from Portobello by Paul Coelho
48. Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy
49. Five Great Short Stories by Anton Chekhov
50. Den andra himlen by Oline Stig
51. Påven som kom ner på jorden by Kristina Kappelin

Two great challenges of which I am signing up again for 2017. See you there somewhere along the TBR shelves and mountains!


Comments

  1. Woot That's an amazing amount of TBR off your shelf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I am rather pleased. I aim for at least the same this year. Although sometimes I just want to read newly published books. I will try to do a little bit of both this year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster