Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Diminishing TBR Shelves

The Content Reader

As you see on the image above, the number of books on my TBR shelves are diminishing. How I wish it was true! This is just what is left on my selves here in Brussels. The rest of the around 170 books are in Sweden or on their way there, plus all the other books I have read. It looks really empty here now, and as Marcus Tullius Cicero said:  "A room without books is like a body without a soul." True enough.

The choice of choosing a book to read is also diminishing. I am a mood reader. When I look for a book, I go through the books I have not yet read to get a feeling for what I want to read. As soon as I decide that I have to read a book for a challenge, a list, a book club etc, it tends to be so hard. Spur of the moment feeling is good.

I managed to read five books from my TBR shelves in January, which was a good achievement. It went so fast to read, and I exchanged one book for another. Now, it seems I am stuck with reading four to five books at the same time and I come nowhere close to finishing them.
How do you read? One book, or several at the same time?
It is sometimes difficult to put words to what you feel about books. Luckily, there are others that have just the right words.
“So many books, so little time.”  Frank Zappa
“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”  Mark Twain

Comments

  1. You had a productive January! I don't know how shelves ever diminish. Just when one book goes, it seems another takes its place.

    I usually read one book at a time but I can go with two if only one is fiction. I can't mix up fiction! I get confused, especially if I don't get back to it for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very pleased with January and are starting February as well with a few reads, which make me happy. I guess it is better to stick to one book and finish it, rather than divide your attention. But it does not work for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster